Only young scientists who have been nominated by their respective national jury and endorsed by the National Organiser can enter the EUCYS contest. In each country, the National Organiser is responsible for nominating/selecting the projects and participants who will enter the EUCYS.
The contestants must conform to the following requirements:
- must be less than 21 years of age on the last day of the month of the EUCYS (30 September 2013) but more than 14 years of age on the first day of the month of the EUCYS (1 September 2013);
- have not completed more than one year of higher education studies (university) at the time of the Contest;
- have not previously participated in the EU Contest, even if the project intended for presentation is different;
- have completed their project before entering university.
The projects may have been worked upon individually or as a team with up to 3 members. The requirements for participation apply to each participant involved with the project and are stated in the Regulations section. Should participants enter as a team, all members of the team must be present at the EUCYS during the evaluation, so that the Jury can truly ascertain the extent of their combined efforts.
- Access to the project exhibition area all day, every day (20 – 23 September)
- Access to the free zone, public zone and catering area all day, every day (20 - 23 September)
- Free entry to all activities associated with the programme (opening ceremony, award ceremony, farewell party, guided tour…)
- All meals during the contest (breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee breaks)
- Accommodation provided in hotels for NO and Contestants (see page on „Accommodation“); contestants will be accommodated in shared rooms.
- Access to the project exhibition area only during public opening hours (see programme for details)
- Access to the public zone all day, every day (20-23 September)
- Entry to the Opening Ceremony and Award Ceremony only if tickets are purchased in advance via the registration form (capacity for these events is strictly limited and tickets will be sold subject to availability at the time of registration). No entry to other activities associated with the EUCYS programme.
- Lunch on 21-23 September only if tickets for this are purchased in advance via the registration form. No access to dinners or coffee breaks.
- Accommodation in Vysta Residence only if booked in advance via the registration form (subject to availability at the time of registration). Accompanying persons who do not reserve accommodation via the registration form are free to make an independent booking at any Prague hotel.